The purpose of Florida educator certification is to support the academic achievement of our students by assuring that our educators are professionally qualified for highly effective instruction. Florida educators must be certified to teach in our public schools and in many of our private schools. Educators include classroom teachers, school administrators, and other support professionals, such as guidance counselors and media specialists. The Bureau of Educator Certification (BEC) is committed to providing timely, accurate, and efficient services to all constituents.
New Florida Certification:
- Out-of-state Certified Teacher or Administrator
- Graduate of a Teacher Education Program
- Career Changer or College Graduate of a Non-education Program
- Foreign Trained Graduate or Non-citizen
- High School Graduates Considering Teaching
Florida Certified Teachers:
- Adding a Subject or Endorsement
- Upgrading from the Temporary to the Professional Certificate
- Renewing a Florida Professional Certificate
- Reinstating an Expired Florida Professional Certificate
The BEC is responsible for implementing the certification provisions in Florida Statutes and State Board of Education administrative rules. These laws and rules also delegate limited certification responsibilities to Florida's school districts.
Statutory Authority: , Florida Statutes
Rule Authority:欧洲杯投注软件 , Florida Administrative Code
Paperless Communication: Certification Communications
Room 201, Turlington Building
325 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
U.S. Toll-Free: 800-445-6739
Outside U.S.: 850-245-5049
Research completed by Dr. Carol Dweck states that the way our students think impacts their attitude toward learning and how they perform in our classrooms.
欧洲杯投注软件CPALMS is an online toolbox of information, vetted resources, and interactive tools that helps educators effectively implement teaching standards.
欧洲杯投注软件Join our Just for Teachers Community to receive regular updates on educator discounts, conferences, workshops and teaching best practices.